"Your body tells you what you need."
When we connect with nature we feel happier and regain our natural rhythm. All of our senses become alive and we are reminded of our innate ability to heal ourselves. I created the EcoChi system because I was searching for ways to heal in my own life. I am excited to share this new concept with you blending both the ancient and the modern disciplines of Classical Feng Shui, Green and Sustainable Living and Environmental Psychology. EcoChi allows you to design the healthy life that you desire by bringing nature’s elements indoors in a whole new way.
“What you see is what you get.” What do you look at every day?
Art: beautiful pictures of nature on your wall will create a peaceful, healing environment.
Plants: Indoor trees and plants are not only pleasurable to look at but bring additional health benefits. Plants purify the air through tiny pores in their leaves that act as air filters.
- Nature: Listening to the sounds of nature on a CD has a healing affect on us-very soothing… If you are in the country or close to the beach open the windows or doors so you can listen to the birds, ocean, wind and rain.
- Music: Play music that makes you happy, and smile. Studies have shown that smiling improves your health, your stress level and your attractiveness!
Infants cannot survive without the human touch. For maximum health human beings need to touch and be touched.
- Massage: Bring home massage oil from your favorite spa warm it over a candle and massage your feet, legs and hands before starting your day.
- Clothing: Choose natural fibers. You will feel the difference when it touches your skin because organic fabrics are gentle and breathe.
Healing with aromatherapy is so pleasurable and easy.
- Incense and Candles: Utilize them to recreate the healing scents of flowers, fresh rain and the ocean air which are essential to our well being.
- Food: Nothing reminds us of good times like the smell of chocolate chip cookies in the oven. Try a variety of ingredients like vanilla or cinnamon and experiment with baking an old family recipe.
Your path to healing can begin right on the tip of your tongue!
- Sweet, Salt, Bitter or Sour: It takes all kinds of tastes to keep us happy and healthy. Give in to your cravings within reason. Your body tells you what you need. Choose healthy options like fruits to satisfy a sweet tooth or sea salt to gratify your desire for salt.
- Organic produce: There is nothing like the taste of home grown vegetables and fruits. Live in the city or have no garden? Grow food and herbs in organic soil near your window. They smell great, taste good, nourish and heal you!
-Debra Duneier, EcoChi President